Summer school: Health, Social studies and Sports
Looking for something different next summer? Want to explore new topics with international classmates? To discover the Dutch approach to issues facing society today? Join the Summer School in Health, Social Studies and Sports.
About the Summer School
This Summer School offers 8 one-week courses in the fields of health, social studies and sports. Interested in just 1 course? No problem. Join us for 1 week of hands-on learning and fun. Want to sign up for 2 or even 3 courses?
Even better! Each course leads to 2 ECTS credits and includes a field trip.
The courses in this Summer School are open to all students.
So you don’t have to be studying in that field to join up.
In fact, that is what makes this Summer School so special.
The opportunity to step into unknown territory: a truly rewarding experience.
Social activities? We’ve got that covered too. Next to your studies, you can join in with lots of fun, social and cultural activities. Like visiting Amsterdam for the weekend.
This way you learn more about the Netherlands and Dutch culture while you’re here!
Summer School Website Summer School flyer
HANZE SUMMER SCHOOL
Hanze UAS is proud to announce that three interprofessional summer school programmes in the field of Health will take place:
– Global Health & Quantified Self
– Healthy Ageing
– NEW in 2019: Family Health & Family Care.
* 3 week programme from May 24 until June 14, 2019
* Totally taught in English for health care students from all over the world
* In Groningen, winner of the best and safest student city of the Netherlands
* Learn about European and world wide Health, practices and develop personal competences
* Academic theoretical and social practical programme
* Cultural activities during the week and in the weekends
* Field trips to explore more about Health professions
* 24 hour onsite student support and facilities
* Application deadline:April 1, 2019
* The total course fee: € 1750,00 (everything included except from airfare and daily costs)
* 6 course credits ECTS, grade list and certificate of participation
More information can be found on the Hanze Summer School Website.
Looking forward to receive students from your university and they will experience an unforgettable experience at the Hanze UAS!Summer School Website Summer School flyer
JU SUMMER SCHOOL 2019
JU Summer School consists of two courses offered in English which welcome students from around the world interested in the areas of engineering, management, health and welfare. The courses have special focus in internationalization and sustainability. As a participant in our summer school you will experience academic and applied knowledge as well as a truly international environment.
The two courses are:
– Purchasing Logistics with a Global Perspective
The aim of the course is to give advanced knowledge of logistics in purchasing and supply chain management with a global perspective.
The focus is on the purchasing functions importance for the company result.
– Global Perspective on Health and Welfare
The aim of the course is to provide knowledge and understanding of the global situation related to health and welfare.
More info can be found on the website and flyer.
Summer School Website Summer School flyer
Community Engaged Scholarship:
The ethics in building sustainable relationships with community partners in education
- This is an inter-disciplinary course for educators in health care professions who interesting in the ethics of learning activities outside the classroom. With an increase in educational activities in the community, for example service learning activities, it is important to explore the ethics of these projects, and what steps we as educators can take to build sustainable partnerships with our community partners
- The course will take you on site visits in Amsterdam and will provide you with practical tools to evaluate your current and future community-based projects
- For inspiration, we have invited Leanne Leclair, an Associate professor in Occupational Therapy at the University of Manitoba. She has years of expertise in community health projects, community-based participatory research and community development. She will share her experiences and provide guidance to the participants throughout the course: http://umanitoba.ca/rehabsciences/leclair.html
MORE INFOCommunity Engaged Scholarship Flyer 2019
PROGRAMMECommunity Engaged Scholarship Programme
Please, send the registration form below to email@example.comRegistration form
SHORT-TERM MOBILITY WEEK
A short international exchange for staff and students
A unique partnership between three European universities (ZHAW, Karolinska Institutet, Amsterdam UAS) open to staff and students from Europe and around the world.
One week international exchange with the aim of strengthening students’ professional identity and enhancing their intercultural communication skills and future international connections.
Each week includes joint projects and expert lectures, as well as social and cultural programs.
Each week includes a staff program.
Short term mobility week 2020
SHORT-TERM MOBILITY WEEK
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ON THE EDGE
- An international short-term exchange opportunity for students in Occupational Therapy to explore the (re)-emerging work of OT with marginalized populations
- Program includes international guest lectures, an advocacy group project and social activities
- There is also a parallel staff program so please join with staff and students!
Flyer OT on the Edge
INTERDISCIPLINARY PROGRAMME ON PALLIATIVE AND END-OF-LIFE CARE (IPPE)
The Interdisciplinary Programme on Palliative and End-of-life Care has been developed in cooperation with 7 European Universities and an North-American University: University of Connecticut (UCONN). In January 2020 the project will be organized in two parts: a Preparatory Programme and an Intensive Programme in Ghent, Belgium, 26th January till 31st January 2020.
Participants have the option to stay in Ghent and take a ‘pre-programme’ in face-to-face education from 21th till 24th January 2020. Topics: community health care, active ageing, mental health and oncology. Preparatory work can also be done in distance learning. This includes assignments such as a personal introduction on Facebook , some reading, preparing of a presentation and a study ‘visit@home’.
Intensive Programme Topics:
introduction to palliative and end-of-life care, communication with clients, bereavement, family and environment; ethical issues related to end-of-life decisions and euthanasia, spiritual and existential pain; caregiver’s perspective; intercultural issues. Workshops: complementary care and interdisciplinary cooperation (haptonomy, aromatherapy, reiki, art therapy). Student project: hands-on practice during workshops in nursing homes for elderly.
Time and venue: Ghent, Belgium 26th—31th of January 2020. preparatory work in face-to-face education or distance learning.
Target group: students of healthcare professions, social work or applied psychology.
Credits: 3 ECTS
Costs Intensive Programme:
No tuition fee
240 euro (including housing for 7 nights, lunches, local travel for study visits, welcome dinner, social program)
Flyer IPPE 2020
TOWARDS THE NEW ERASMUS+ PROGRAMME (2021-2027)
The Universitat de Vic-Universitat Central de Catalunya (UVic-UCC) will be hosting the Erasmus+ Seminar in Vic, Spain on 13-14 February 2020.
Participants will develop skills for writing Erasmus proposals and they will have the chance to explore the new Erasmus Program.
Head of the International Education Projects Unit, at the International Projects Office, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Expert in the pre-award of Erasmus+ project proposals, mainly Erasmus Mundus, Knowledge Alliances and Strategic Partnerships.
Member of the Erasmus+ Spanish Agency Experts Panel. Coordinator of an Erasmus+ /Sport/ Collaborative Partnership project: Sport and Academic Talent Integration through Exchange Programmes in Hockey (STICK) www.stickproject.eu.
Member of the European Commission working group on cooperation projects in higher education for the new Programme, 2021-27.
PROGRAMME/FLYERFlyer Erasmus+ seminar
Diversity and Social Inclusion (DiSI) is a program of study aimed at enhancing awareness of different kinds of social inequalities rooted in many different ways of diversity in our contemporary societies, including those that especially occur in a super-diverse environment.
It will support the development of core competences in future educators, health care professionals and social workers with the help of an already piloted interdisciplinary model (ICIC) based on blended learning approach.
This model could improve the sensibility to differences in cultural, socio-economic and health status, and the unequal distribution of social resources.
The organization of the course consists of two modules. The expected outcomes of a preparatory assignment (module 1) based on distance learning will result in a 5-day intensive program (module 2) with activities taking place in a multi-professional and multicultural context in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
The student conference will be hosted by Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences.
For more info on the programme and practical information:Conference Website Rotterdam 2020
INCLUSION AND SUSTAINABILITY IN SUPER-DIVERSE CITIES
1. Students: Education & Diversity
- Lifelong learning
- Customised programmes
- Differences in student lifestyles (socio-cultural)
- International study programmes
- Interprofessional learning
- Technology for education
2. Clients: Practice & Diversity
- Urbanisation and health related issues
- Resilient cities
- How to promote Urban Health?
- New challenges in a diverse society
- Health literacy & prevention
- Inclusion of newcomers
- Sexual diversity within healthcare
- Vulnerable groups (ageing people, disabled people, etc.)
- The use of technology and E-health
3. Healthcare professionals: Labour market & Diversity
- Labour market shortages
- Ageing workforce
- Resilience and burn-out prevention
- Including culturally diverse workforce
- Cultural differences in the field
- The use of technology and E-health
PRELIMINARY PROGRAMMEPreliminary programme 2020