Summer school: Health, Social studies and Sports
Looking for something different next summer? Want to explore new topics with international classmates? To discover the Dutch approach to issues facing society today? Join the Summer School in Health, Social Studies and Sports.
About the Summer School
This Summer School offers 8 one-week courses in the fields of health, social studies and sports. Interested in just 1 course? No problem. Join us for 1 week of hands-on learning and fun. Want to sign up for 2 or even 3 courses?
Even better! Each course leads to 2 ECTS credits and includes a field trip.
The courses in this Summer School are open to all students.
So you don’t have to be studying in that field to join up.
In fact, that is what makes this Summer School so special.
The opportunity to step into unknown territory: a truly rewarding experience.
Social activities? We’ve got that covered too. Next to your studies, you can join in with lots of fun, social and cultural activities. Like visiting Amsterdam for the weekend.
This way you learn more about the Netherlands and Dutch culture while you’re here!
Summer School Website Summer School flyer
Nature and Adventure Promoting Wellbeing
How could we empower our clients to gain meaningful experiences supporting wellbeing?
What is the importance of knowing myself as a reflective practitioner?
Where can I find tools understanding deeper and being able to use possibilities of our environment?
Nature and Adventure Promoting Wellbeing is a course for all students of social and health care interested about empowering experiences supporting wellbeing. During the course you will gain new professional competencies, but also learn a lot of yourself, your own values and relation towards nature and natural environment.
220€ (early bird)
300€ (normal) for students of COHEHRE member institution
Including: teaching, teaching materials, lunches, 3x dinner, accommodation for 4 (22.-25.5.) nights
The course consist of pretask and an intensive phase in Finland at the end of May 2019.
INTERNATIONALISATION OF THE CURRICULUM
HANDS-ON INTERNATIONALISATION @ HOME
This hands-on training course will start with an introduction on the backgrounds and key principles of internationalization of the home curriculum. After that, participants will work on internationalising their own teaching. An important step in the process is the internationalization of current student learning outcomes.
Internationalizing curricula implies giving students the opportunity to experience perspectives from other countries and contexts. This will enable them to become aware that local practices are not uni-versal. An interdisciplinary approach can also provide those other perspectives. Therefore, this train-ing course will incorporate both international and interdisciplinary components to the participants’ teaching. Exchanging and comparing with the work of the other participants will be an important ele-ment of this training course.
HANZE SUMMER SCHOOL
Hanze UAS is proud to announce that three interprofessional summer school programmes in the field of Health will take place:
– Global Health & Quantified Self
– Healthy Ageing
– NEW in 2019: Family Health & Family Care.
* 3 week programme from May 24 until June 14, 2019
* Totally taught in English for health care students from all over the world
* In Groningen, winner of the best and safest student city of the Netherlands
* Learn about European and world wide Health, practices and develop personal competences
* Academic theoretical and social practical programme
* Cultural activities during the week and in the weekends
* Field trips to explore more about Health professions
* 24 hour onsite student support and facilities
* Application deadline:April 1, 2019
* The total course fee: € 1750,00 (everything included except from airfare and daily costs)
* 6 course credits ECTS, grade list and certificate of participation
More information can be found on the Hanze Summer School Website.
Looking forward to receive students from your university and they will experience an unforgettable experience at the Hanze UAS!Summer School Website Summer School flyer
JU SUMMER SCHOOL 2019
JU Summer School consists of two courses offered in English which welcome students from around the world interested in the areas of engineering, management, health and welfare. The courses have special focus in internationalization and sustainability. As a participant in our summer school you will experience academic and applied knowledge as well as a truly international environment.
The two courses are:
– Purchasing Logistics with a Global Perspective
The aim of the course is to give advanced knowledge of logistics in purchasing and supply chain management with a global perspective.
The focus is on the purchasing functions importance for the company result.
– Global Perspective on Health and Welfare
The aim of the course is to provide knowledge and understanding of the global situation related to health and welfare.
More info can be found on the website and flyer.
Summer School Website Summer School flyer
Community Engaged Scholarship:
The ethics in building sustainable relationships with community partners in education
- This is an inter-disciplinary course for educators in health care professions who interesting in the ethics of learning activities outside the classroom. With an increase in educational activities in the community, for example service learning activities, it is important to explore the ethics of these projects, and what steps we as educators can take to build sustainable partnerships with our community partners
- The course will take you on site visits in Amsterdam and will provide you with practical tools to evaluate your current and future community-based projects
- For inspiration, we have invited Leanne Leclair, an Associate professor in Occupational Therapy at the University of Manitoba. She has years of expertise in community health projects, community-based participatory research and community development. She will share her experiences and provide guidance to the participants throughout the course: http://umanitoba.ca/rehabsciences/leclair.html
MORE INFOCommunity Engaged Scholarship Flyer 2019
PROGRAMMECommunity Engaged Scholarship Programme
Please, send the registration form below to email@example.comRegistration form
SHORT-TERM MOBILITY WEEK
A short international exchange for staff and students
A unique partnership between three European universities (ZHAW, Karolinska Institutet, Amsterdam UAS) open to staff and students from Europe and around the world.
One week international exchange with the aim of strengthening students’ professional identity and enhancing their intercultural communication skills and future international connections.
Each week includes joint projects and expert lectures, as well as social and cultural programs.
Each week includes a staff program.
Short term mobility week 2020
SHORT-TERM MOBILITY WEEK
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ON THE EDGE
- An international short-term exchange opportunity for students in Occupational Therapy to explore the (re)-emerging work of OT with marginalized populations
- Program includes international guest lectures, an advocacy group project and social activities
- There is also a parallel staff program so please join with staff and students!
Flyer OT on the Edge